[Cad] [motors, power ee, & evs] (Siemens) Electric aircraft: World-record (50kg:260 kW contiunuous) electric motor makes first flight. also, electric dirigibles from 1885?!

damon vanderlind damonvl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:33:41 EDT 2016

The batteries aren't that bad... people just need to stop caring if they
can fly 500 miles.

Siemens kind of cheats for their motors, though I think they are very nice.
They use hyperco 50 steel and really high switching frequencies. For now,
it prices the devices outside of GA even.  4 kw/kg can be built very cheap,
without rare materials and 1000 hours of wire edm time.

Cheers
--damon