[acs-r] Can't download data before 2012

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Mon Nov 14 15:58:11 EST 2016

Not all tables are available for all years for all geographies, and it
gets pretty spotty as you get closer back to 2011 and earlier.  From
<http://www.census.gov/data/developers/data-sets/acs-1year.2011.html":

  Note: 2011 data are only available for Congressional Districts

Sorry!

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 18:19:12 -0500, Curtis, Jacob wrote: >
> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; utf-8 (base64)>]
> [1.2  <text/html; utf-8 (base64)>]
> Greetings!
>
> I can’t seem to download data before 2012. When I run the following code:
>
> regions <- geo.make(us = 1)
> acs.fetch(endyear = 2011, span = 1, geography=regions, table.number= “B01003”)
>
> I get this error message: "Warning message:
> In (function (endyear, span = 5, dataset = "acs", keyword, table.name,  :
>   As of the date of this version of the acs package
>   no variable…"
>
> It works just fine if I try 2012 or later. I also have the same problem with other tables
> (e.g., B01001, B17018, B19057). What am I missing?
>
> Also, if this isn’t the right place to ask questions, I apologize.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> --
> Jacob D. Curtis
> Graduate Research Assistant
> Research, Evaluation, Measurement & Statistics, Educational Psychology
> Texas Tech University
>

> [2  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]

Ezra Haber Glenn, AICP
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Room 7-346
Cambridge, MA 02139
eglenn at mit.edu