[acs-r] working examples of extracting 1990 and 2000 census data

Chris Cambron ccambron at uw.edu
Thu Nov 10 20:47:00 EST 2016

Hi all,
Two questions that I'm guessing you all know something about:
I am yet to find any working examples around the web for accessing 1990
census tables at the block group level with the acs package. I'm having a
great deal of trouble identifying the correct table names for 1990, if
anyone has been successful at this.

I have lat/long and street address data for a few thousand of addresses.
Are there suggested methods for an amateur at this stuff to convert these
into block groups codes? I've found some online tools but only for 2000 or
2010 block groups.
Thanks!

*Chris Cambron, MSW, MPP*
Doctoral Candidate
Social Development Research Group
School of Social Work   |  University of Washington
ccambron at uw.edu  |  www.sdrg.org