[acs-r] Can't download data before 2012

Curtis, Jacob jacob.curtis at ttu.edu
Thu Nov 10 18:19:12 EST 2016

Greetings!

I can’t seem to download data before 2012. When I run the following code:

regions <- geo.make(us = 1)
acs.fetch(endyear = 2011, span = 1, geography=regions, table.number= “B01003”)

I get this error message: "Warning message:
In (function (endyear, span = 5, dataset = "acs", keyword, table.name,  :
  As of the date of this version of the acs package
  no variable…"

It works just fine if I try 2012 or later. I also have the same problem with other tables (e.g., B01001, B17018, B19057). What am I missing?

Also, if this isn’t the right place to ask questions, I apologize.

Thank you for your help!

--
Jacob D. Curtis
Graduate Research Assistant