[acs-r] ACS 1-year 2012 data added to API

Brian Bowling bbowling at tribweb.com
Thu Sep 19 15:11:17 EDT 2013

The Census Bureau announced today that the 2012 1-year data is available through the API. I've been trying to fetch the DP02 table using the acs package without any luck.
For example, this code produces the following error message:
dp02 <- acs.fetch(state='PA', table.number="DP02", endyear=2012)

In acs.fetch(state = "PA", table.number = "DP02", endyear = 2012) :

  As of the date of this version of the acs package

  Census API did not provides data for selected endyear

Does this mean the package has to be updated before it can fetch the 2012 data or am I using the wrong variables for the fetch?

Regards,

Brian Bowling
Reporter
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review