[Tango-L] vocals and dancing

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 13:21:40 EDT 2015

this previous post could have been written by myself verbatim..I agree 1000%
"When I was a beginner, I preferred instrumentals, as I think most beginners do, but even before I could understand the lyrics I started to
like the songs with vocals more and more. Now I prefer the vocals
(except for the ones I don't :-)), and not just because I understand
more of them (there are many that I still don't, nor am I trying to for
that matter).

If there are any vocals I don't dance to, it's because I can't stand the
singer (quite the opposite of respecting them), e.g., Ledesma or pretty
much any singer associated with Varela (sorry Bianca, if you're
listening ...). From the contemporary orchestras, likewise with Sexteto
Milonguero, which is a fantastic orchestra if only the damn quarteto
singer would shut up."