[Tango-L] Adios Osvaldo

Steve Littler sl at stevelittler.com
Sun Oct 11 15:55:49 EDT 2015

On 10/10/15 6:11 PM, Lois Donnay wrote:
>   I wrote this on a DJ forum recently: "In Buenos Aires, I often ran into
> leaders who would not dance to music with singers.
Yes, I've heard this before. But does the saying really just mean they
don't like songs where the singer comes crashing in an overpowering way
on the first bar like Roberto Goyeneche, or does it mean where the
singer comes in like another instrument after 1/3 or 1/2 of the song is
already over like most of the vocals we hear at traditional milongas? Is
the meaning of this saying lost in translation from Spanish to English?

El Stevito de Gainesville