[Tango-L] Tangos with vocals

Laura V laura at lavatop.com
Sat Oct 10 18:53:23 EDT 2015

I have not been to Buenos Aires, but I think this might be a
misunderstanding. As a general rule of thumb, if the vocals start at the
beginning of the song or after a short introduction, then the piece is
probably intended to showcase the singer and is not intended for
dancing. If the vocal part starts well after the piece is going and only
lasts a verse or two, then this is probably a tango for dancing. The
vocals in such a tango should not make the dancing any more difficult
than say, a violin solo.

Of course, people are welcome to dance to whatever they like.

Best Regards,
Laura