[Tango-L] Club Sunderland closure

Shahrukh Merchant shahrukh at shahrukhmerchant.com
Tue Jun 30 14:12:27 EDT 2015

I wouldn't assume that it's a permanent closing (even though the article
says it's not the kind of temporary one that occasionally is done for
relatively easy correctable "safety" problems or city permissions not
being in order, etc.). There may be enough of a backlash or grassroots
type effort to override the ruling or reach some kind of compromise, but
lets hope it happens sooner rather than later while there is still
momentum behind it.

Perhaps someone (no, not I ...) will take the initiative and organize an
international online petition via change.org or causes.com or whatever.
If it's just a numbers thing it may not be very effective, but if each
person wrote a line saying why it was important to him, country of
origin, etc., and several thousand people did so, it would be hard to
ignore I think.

I don't think it would be very hard to get pretty much everyone who had
a Tango Facebook page to publicize it and it would go viral pretty
quickly, at least in the Tango world, I would think.

Someone?

Shahrukh