[Tango-L] tango-L leading to tango friendships

Jocelyn Paine jocelynpaine at gci.net
Wed Jun 24 15:47:50 EDT 2015

I agree with Keith: the tango-L list has led to friendships in and outside of the tango world. I recently took a trip to New York City, and posted on tango-L before I left, looking for contacts in the city to find quality milongas. I received several responses and successfully connected with one of those people. I had terrible cell phone tangles and problems that prevented me from meeting the other two listers (no fault of theirs, only my equipment), and then I sprained my ankle so badly that dancing became a distant possibility, but thanks to Michael I got one magical night of tango at Triangulo before I was injured. My welcome there and the high quality of dancing milonguero style renewed my enjoyment in dancing Argentine tango well and not settling for any dancing at all is better than none. Michael made my entry into the NYC scene effortless and put a lot of energy into making city and tango information available.

Anyway, I’m so glad to learn as I catch up on the tango-L posts received while I was away, that the list will continue. I have come out of my shell and begun posting as this issue evolved, and I’m glad I did.

Jocelyn Paine
(907) 276-8195
PO Box  91366
Anchorage, AK, 99509