[Tango-L] heels on floor?

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 13:06:00 EDT 2015

Now that the topic comes back again, let me add a few words.

When I teach, I always emphasize, half in jest, that there is no Central Committee on tango (yet), so you do not go to a Gulag if in "error" of some sort. But then on a more serious note I state that I teach what I know, what works for me, and what I like. I also add, which bit of wisdom I inherited from another teacher (I think it was Jorge Torres) but agree with completely, that ultimately everyone must find their own dance since all bodies and minds and hearts are different. Of course, in pivot, the heel comes of the floor.
As an advice, I claim that studying with one teacher, hopefully a good one, one that teaches elements, concepts, techniques, ideas, for a long time is better for a novice than switching. Then also, taking private lessons is always preferred to group classes, if one can afford them, of course.

As a dancer I admire and welcome with great satisfaction when a lady/follower makes a deep forward step into the opening of my deep back step, usually in parallel feet system and usually with her left leg. I feel it as a complete trust and both a surrender and a strong opening as a partner dancer for whatever may come next. I never look, of course, but it feels like such a forward step is always made heel first. In most other cases, I feel that the heel is always slightly above the floor. However, I really do not care if it indeed is or is not, as long as the dance is good for both partners.

seek, appreciate, and create beauty
 this life is not a rehearsal
ich bin der Schmied meines eigenen Glücks
http://okvarbud.blogspot.com/
http://dbtango.blogspot.com/
http://dbpolitics.blogspot.com/