[Tango-L] heels on floor?

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Tue Apr 28 12:39:39 EDT 2015

Jocelyn got it right - "All that said, there might be another question
here: what to do about conflicting opinions from different teachers."
That's mostly what I was pointing out.  I confront this a lot when I travel
to teach workshops in other communities. Tango isn't a "you must always"
kind of dance.  The woman who said this to me is a very organized, very
precise kind of person.  She tries to do eveything exactly as told.  Her
dancing had actually deteriorated from the last time I met her, because she
had been to a tango weekend and was trying to incorporate everything.

I think there is a new thing - overteaching.  For instance - women who used
to be fun to dance with, now are so obsessed with "being on their own axis"
that they don't connect, or fall backwards or sideways. Perhaps we have
lost something from the days when people learned just by doing.

Of course, as a person who makes her living teaching tango - I don't want
that to spread around... ;)
ᐧ

Loisa Donnay
Minnesota