[Tango-L] The Sound of the Music

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 12:40:23 EDT 2015

We loved having you in Pittsburgh, Keith.  Keith, BTW, was scheduled to DJ two milongas, but wound up doing three.  No music was repeated and everyone I talked to loved his dj'ing and the quality of music.  He gave some interesting ideas at the dj'ing workshop.  The locals who attended have improved their own skills.  The ones who didn't, well....

On that note, I've decided to say adieu to the list.  It's been an informative ride, and I certainly appreciate the time and effort put into maintaining it.  I tried as much as I could to help out those who were in my position when I first joined - a new organizer and teacher trying to be the best organizer and teacher that I could be.  I also appreciate all the friends I've made on the list and I will continue to stay in touch with them.  Without the help from so many on the list, I don't think I could have encouraged my community to grow as well as it has.

When my last three emails to the list did not post, I figured it was time to leave.  The first two where responses to a post and I had forgotten about the 2 postings/day limit.  I had thought they might post the next day as they did, I thought, bring more light into the discussion and specifically addressed attracting new readers/posters.  The last was a one-liner that included a link to Mickey and Minnie tangoing.  Yeah, I forgot about that rule, too.  I did, however, remember to delete the extraneous parts of earlier posts.

None of that bothers me, but it really made me realize that I simply don't have the time for this.   I could have rewritten my comments and reposted them for the next day, but life calls.  And if new voices rise up, terrific!

Anyway, good tangoing to everyone on the list, and if you find yourself in Pittsburgh, shoot me an email or FB me.

Trini de Pittsburgh