[Tango-L] male/female dancers

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 02:12:37 EDT 2015

Almost without an exception (I could probably come up with one or two), applause during a "demo" dance is given when a leader (most often a male) does something beautiful/new/creative/surprising. Is that your experience as well? When you look at dancers during an exhibition/demo dance, where is your focus?

I contend that a beautiful form of one dancer is nearly impossible to display consistently without the adequately good technique of the other.

I also contend that female dancers rarely get sufficient credit for their own expressed musicality and beautiful forms.

Am I just revealing my own bias or do these assertions have merit?

...dubravko
seek, appreciate, and create beauty
this life is not a rehearsal
ich bin der Schmied meines eigenen Glücks