[Tango-L] Whatever happened to NUEVO ??

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 13:11:12 EDT 2015

I remember when Tango L was last active...in the golden days of yore... my favorite debate revolved around Traditional and Nuevo dancing and music...having seen what happened to the golden years of Flamenco (50's) once the gypsy kings got hold of it, I was sure that Argentine Tango would go the same route to trivia...but it NEVER HAPENED !!! and today, by my own observations, the traditional dance is more popular than ever ..world wide .... was it as predicted and we grew older ??? any comments ?? watching a recent video of Gustavo and Giselle looked more like a Tango burlesque than a profound dance...to me, anyway....any comments ??