[Tango-L] Should the Tango List Continue?

Darlene Tango Luv2DanceTango at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 10:14:38 EDT 2015

Vol 98 Issue 1

Should "the list" continue?

Shahrukh:

Your comments/observations with asking the question: you've "nailed it" succinctly.

I started tango in 2002... This list was a phenomenal source. Discussions were helpful (and redundant, of course).

There are people that refuse to get on FB but, as you've stated, can still google the info to go directly to a website if necessary.

What is GREAT and irreplaceable is the Archive of those discussions.  People don't take the time to look at what's come before or all the different viewpoints before just asking the question in a different group, etc.

Pity.

I'm perhaps guilty "right now" of the same thing.  Is there a Blog or place where these discussions are (that won't go away)?  The adage: if you don't know your history you're doomed to repeat it.  So many issues would fade away if people just read these prior posts.

None the less, Thank You for all your efforts over the years.  Tango has been such a positive influence in my life.  Your Tango-L a big part.

I didn't join FB until 2008 (after my trip to BsAs).  You, other dancers on the List and their advice/discussions helped me!

Besitos,

Darlene
Denver, CO  USA
Hostess of WOM milonga (FB & Twitter) CheesyTango