[Tango-L] Tango-L past and where we should be heading.

robert-b missinglink at cloud9.net
Sat Apr 11 11:44:39 EDT 2015

Concerning Reuven’s thoughts about a platform--what about something like Slashdot.org, which is a Web site that hosts various discussions organized into various independent discussion topics? I’m not sure what they’re using for software or how the site was designed, but it’s a nice option in that it provides the ease of access of a Web site and the ability to create and follow independent discussions. I’ve nothing against mailing lists per se, but there are options for more up-to-date interfaces that are less cumbersome and advertising heavy than Yahoo. Facebook is a non-starter as far as I’m concerned. It was never designed for extended discussion of any kind.

Robert B.