[Tango-L] Email or FB?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 09:46:53 EDT 2015

I understand people's concern over FB.  I also know people who refused to leave messages on answering machines when they became popular.  Dance groups used to mail out fliers, but none in our area do now as it wasn't cost effective.  Postcards with a website address has replaced fliers with all the info.  Heck, there are even less postcards now announcing events.  But boy, do I get a lot of event invites.

What I have not heard are any suggestions on how to attract new voices to FB that would revive discussions and make it worthwhile to continue on MIT.  Historically, most of the discussions on Tango-L were started by organizers, teachers, or those maintaining tango websites.  All of the new teachers/organizers in my area are much more active in FB than on email listservs (except as it pertains to their work).  It's a lot easier to "friend" someone than add an email to one's contact list.  On the other tango listserv's that people use, how's the traffic there?  Is it by new voices or the same ones?

Trini de Pittsburgh