[Tango-L] urgent! virus alert

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Wed Jul 31 10:26:41 EDT 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen of Tango,

If you have received a private email from me in the past couple of days that
did not arrive through this list, but looks like it came directly from me,
delete it immediately.  It is a virus.  The tech people removed this virus
from my computer, but said that it was severe.   The tech people have virus
definitions and descriptions.  They said that this one takes attachments
from different computers and attaches them to whatever emails it can find
and randomly sends them around the world to other people's email addresses.
It is supposed to compromise any confidential attachments that you may have
in your emails, such as contracts, bank attachments, personal identifying
information on any document, etc.  People might receive an e-mail that looks
like it came from you with a document, with a virus attached, from a person
that you don't even know.  It is particularly important for persons that
send via e-mail semi-confidential information, such as invoices with account
information and addresses, etc.

This is new.  It has emerged in the past couple of days.  If your anti-virus
protection has been updated in the past day or so, or updates itself several
times a day automatically, then it should be able to catch it.  If you are
using Win 8, the only program that would catch it is the Defender.  Norton
and others are still in the testing phases of their upgrades for Win 8 and
the current versions are not compatible with it.  The tech people said to
tell both PC and Mac users to delete anything that looks like it has arrived
from me in the past two days.  Basically, please be extremely vigilant, even
if you are a Mac user, and please tighten your computer security.  This is a
new virus.  I am really sorry about this.

Thank you!

Kindest regards,

Nina