[Tango-L] The state of "nuevo" music

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 17:52:38 EDT 2012

My experience is that most people consider the visual foremost, rather than the auditory.  In other words, does it look like fun?  Some may volunteer that they don't like the music, but that's not that often.  As for using non-tango music for performances, I'll only do so to entertain people but I wouldn't expect to actually attract future dancers.  If only that type of music attracts them, I wouldn't really bother to attract them to tango because that's not what we'd be using in class.  As a teacher, I figure my job is prepare them to dance in BsAs.

Trini de Pittsburgh