[Tango-L] Chris requested demo

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:55:48 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM, "Christian Lüthen"
<christian.luethen at gmx.net> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> though it's a pleasure to view your beautiful dancing partner ...
>
> ... BUT: is it really that difficult to understand and *respect* the teachers and their intellectual property???!!!  Not everything that can be put online should be put online at the end!!! :-(((

      [ etc. ]

Christian,

       This is not a video of the instructors--rather, it is a video
of two people practicing tango steps, a video that just happens to
have been taken during a lesson practica interval in between the
lecturing and instructor demoing.  Yet you're acting as if Martin had
posted a video of the instructors themselves actually lecturing or
demonstrating.

       Martin and his partner could have stepped outside into the
hallway and danced the exact same steps (perhaps the music could even
still be heard) and suddenly everything would be perfectly okay?  I
really don't see all that big a difference.   I wouldn't have posted
it were I in Martin's place, but on the other hand I think you may be
making too big a deal over what is essentially a video of Martin and
his partner, not Gustavo and Giselle Anne.

       Actually, I imagine the more serious offense might be against
other students in the background who might object to having their
struggles (if that be the case) broadcast to the world without their
permission.

Huck