[Tango-L] short film of tango

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:24:12 EST 2012

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6JYeEcxnUU

It's quite charming, and I like the attention to details --
chatting, glances around the room, the sound of a burning
cigarette. But I wonder if it's possible to tell a tango story
that doesn't resort to cliches. Can tango tell a story more
complex than just the competition of men for a beautiful woman,
and the acceptance or rejection of their advances? I'd like to
think there's more to tango than that, or, at least, we can
imagine there is more. But maybe that's wishful thinking --
maybe tango is a simple thing after all.

best,

Robert Dodier