[Tango-L] Pugliese, sound

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 15:03:55 EST 2011

Hi all,

Just of couple of observations & questions.

1)  I'm trying to play more Pugliese at milongas.  Usually I construct 4 song tandas, but I'm finding with Pugliese that I can only take his more intense songs at only 3 per tanda.  Anyone else finding the same thing?

2)  I'm still not fully satisfied with putting together a tanda with Pugliese's Desda de Alma.  For that one, I've created a vals mix of different orchestras to get a similar sound, but I'm not really happy.  What have others used?

3)  Since I have various sound levels of my music, I was considering running them through a program to level out the sound.  My Media Monkey can do it, but I'm a little wary of anything that permanently changes my music.  I do have it copied on an external drive, though.  Since I'll be adding music to my collection, the same issue is likely to appear again.  I'd like to find a better solution.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Trini de Pittsburgh