[Tango-L] Tango quote from the 13th Century

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:35:27 EST 2011

On 11/13/11, Shahrukh Merchant <shahrukh at shahrukhmerchant.com> wrote:

> Then another slower transition, or rather evolution, occurs, where the
> preference starts to change from instrumental to vocal music. A very
> small percentage learn and listen to the words, a task understandably
> complicated by cultural references, and more so if one is not a native
> Spanish speaker.

Wow, that's really spot on. That's exactly what happened to me.
I guess I'm not the only one.

Not that it matters, but lately I've been really digging the Velvet Underground,
so to speak. They had something in common with tango music:
it's a combination of incisive, memorable lyrics, blistering instrumental
power, and a very accurate tempo; it's music for smart people who love the beat.

"I -- I'm waiting for the man ..."

best

Robert Dodier