[Tango-L] Tango Doble Frente

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 17:31:49 EDT 2011

Tango "Doble Frente" o "Al reves" is a historical way of dancing .

I personally never saw a couple dancing a whole tango 'Doble frente', it is used in exhibitions and only for a moment during the Exhibition Tango.

Actually normally the dancer starts a tango, milonga or vals with the usual position for the embrace, at certain time he switches to a 'doble frente position',
executes a few figures in that position and then returns to the normal tango embrace.

The figures that one executes in doble frente are the same as the ones we use with our regular embrace.

Walks, paradas, arrastres o barridas, amagues, boleos, sacadas, cadenas, free turns are frequently used to go in and out of the doble frente.

I have danced myself in this fashion a few times.

Best regards, Sergio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymrs60k3dU