[Tango-L] Flat foot, heel first or toe first?

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Sat May 7 10:46:34 EDT 2011

Huck I agree.
I don’t think it’s a matter of  “correct” it’s a matter of how one is
taught to dance. We all watch others  dancing and form opinions based on how we
were taught. Some might see an  excellent dancer taking long smooth heel
leads and think wow he’s smooth. Others  look at that same dancer and see the
front of his foot sticking up in the air on  every forward step and flopping
down on the floor. I’m not saying one is right  or wrong I’m just saying
everyone has an opinion about technique.
David

In a message dated 5/6/2011 10:56:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight  Time,
tempehuck at gmail.com writes:
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Jack Dylan  <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's actually quite easy to learn  -

Actually it's not, or more people  would be doing advanced
ballroom.  Plus it's not just which you land on,  but whether or not
you stay there after landing.

> for the most  part, long steps, counted slow,
> land on the heel, short steps, always in  pairs and counted quick quick,
land
> on the  ball.

That doesn't even begin to describe  it, but let's move on..

> The point is, contrary to what someone else  wrote, long steps are easier
when
> landing on the  heel.

Well that's true.  I'm  not sure "what's easiest" is always the
sole criterion, however.    I like what you said earlier about it being
mostly a matter of personal style  in tango.   It's certainly not
codified the way ballroom is, so  it's curious that so many people seem
to obsess so much wondering what is  "correct."

Huck
Tango-L  mailing  list
Tango-L at mit.edu