[Tango-L] Cadencia vs rock step

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 02:27:06 EDT 2011

Milongueros in BsAs teach the walk as being 'a natural walk'.

But to most people it feels anything but natural. The reason for this,
it was once explained to me, is that it's based on the natural walk
of men up to and including the 1950s when many men would walk
with a kind of swagger - think John Wayne.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, probably due to our haste, few
men walk with a swagger. Although it's not related to music, could
a swagger be described as a walk with cadencia?

At my local gym, I still see boxers who walk with a swagger.

Jack