[Tango-L] Getting tango lessons to the needy

David dchester at charter.net
Tue Jun 28 23:05:21 EDT 2011

Michael,

I couldn't disagree more about what you said about how to convince a man to
improve.  Is women stopping dancing with you, what made you want to improve?
It sure wasn't what made me want to improve.  Some of it is simply self
motivation, but I think more of it came from people who helped me early on,
in my tango journey.  I was very interested in the feedback from the women
who did dance with me.

As for people who wouldn't dance with me, why would I care what they think?
I'd rather try to improve for the people who are friendly to me, and/or give
me a chance.

For most men, I suspect if women won't dance with them, they'll soon find a
new hobby or venue (like the man in Lois' post, who was never seen again).

My two cents (if it's even worth that).

David