[Tango-L] Heads up

Ruben Malan rubenmalan at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 13:25:52 EDT 2011

[Tango] Heads up.

Thanks Sergio, good comments. Just to add a little contribution (two cents)
I consider proper to mention a popular motto among tango dancers in Uruguay
and Argentina regarding this issue. When somebody looks down when leading
they commonly use to said:

"Está buscando monedas."  ("He is looking for coins.")

Obviously, this is a criticism, not a mere observation.

In my view, the inelegant habit of persistent verification about where we
put our feet it is a clear sign of beginners, insecurity, lack of
confidence, lack of practice, a lot of practice with the wrong habit,
or all of the above. Besides, we must remember that we need to look to where
we want to go.
In that sense, a minuscule tilt to the sides may improve communication and
add some points to an efficient leading.

Keep dancing up!

Ruben