[Tango-L] Heads up

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed Jun 22 17:10:21 EDT 2011

On 22/06/2011 21:33, RonTango wrote:
> That's ridiculous. You can balance your weight over the balls of your feet and
> still not look at the floor.

Of course. I don't dispute you don't *have* to look down to the floor
(nor that its not that elegant to do so). The original poster,
though, implied that you *could* not maintain your balance with
a head tilted down, and that's plainly untrue. It would be hard
to look down if leaders had the weight on the heels most of the time,
but they don't.

I see tango-l people are still as ready as ever to shoot the
messenger. Next I expect private mails deriding my "style" with
head looking down at the floor even though I said nothing about
how I dance (with my most frequent follower I'd be unable
to look at the floor, given my head touches hers, and in a more
open embrace I really try not to look at the floor for aesthetic
reasons, but I'm not hung up on it too much either)...

Witness this Croatian couple:

http://tangoargentino.hr/blog_en/?page_id=4

I don't think that his posture looks particularly nice, but
he does seem to make it work, doesn't he?