[Tango-L] Heads up

RonTango rontango at rocketmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:33:16 EDT 2011

----- Original Message ----
> From: Alexis Cousein <al at sgi.com>
>
> On 22/06/2011 18:22, HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com wrote:
>
> > So here is my  question, how can you  dance with balance, on axis and with
> > good posture if your  head is  looking down at the floor?
>
> Because you're dancing with the weight mostly  on the ball of the feet.

That's ridiculous. You can balance your weight over the balls of your feet and
still not look at the floor. Those movements are independent. Looking at the
floor comes from bending you head to look down at the floor. People dancing
tango milonguero have their balance forward and most do not look at the floor.
It is the tango nuevo dancers with upright posture who are more likely to look
at the floor, perhaps because their feet are more active doing various kinds of
movements.

Ron