[Tango-L] Men's strategies

hbboogie1@aol.com hbboogie1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 12:51:02 EDT 2011

OK.  so you read Rick McGarrey's blog. Good for you. but yes, I do sometimes check out other guys on the dance floor.  More as a method of elimination than as prospecting for next partners.    These milongueros whom I named ( and add Pedro Sanchez to the list and Anibal and Adolfo, too) have never failed to make me feel cherished as a dance partner.  Let me ask you this.  Do you always walk your partner back to the table from which she came?  Or at least to the edge of the floor?  And then do you return to your seat  during the cortina?  I am betting you don't.  I am betting that you are out there scrambling to grab a partner even as she is leaving the floor.  Now, that is disrepectful!  That seems to be the habit of American men and I find it  very much like slaughter house treatment of cattle.  "We are done with you, off with your heads."

Nancy you’d lose that bet. Yes I walk my partner back to her table and then return to mine. I’m not the guy that dances every tanda I‘m very particular about the music I dance to. I also watch the floor and when I see a follower chewing gum, talking or looking around the room and not giving 100% attention into the man she’s dancing with I avoid her. So Nancy……Your Fired
David