[Tango-L] Interesting Tango Listing

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Mon Jun 13 15:43:33 EDT 2011

This is great, because it is the truth. Unfortunately, students demand to
know what the teachers are teaching, thinking that their own ability to tell
what they need is better than the teachers.  I find this false confidence in
what a student thinks they need is one of the - no, it is the biggest -
roadblock to their actually learning anything.  Second is having their
feelings hurt when they hear the truth.  Why pay for lessons if you aren't
willing to trust the teacher???

Every teacher worth anything is already doing this - but cannot say so in so
direct of a fashion. I applaud them.

Lois Donnay
Minneapolis, MN