[Tango-L] Tango Festivals

michael 2tango99 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:55:55 EDT 2011

I  VERY  much appreciate when organizers specify if an event is
“Alternative” so I can plan accordingly.

Clarifying the festival’s tone and presence (or preponderance) of
“Alternative”  or “Classic” would be “Truth in Advertising” and very helpful
to the tango consumers.  Even some events that were once billed as
Milonguero or “Close Embrace” in the past seem to be gravitating towards a
more “Nuevo” tone and floorcraft.

Honest descriptions are useful, and the appearance of reaching a saturation
point for festivals might be misleading.

If a user is specifically drawn to the social dance style of El
Centro*, *Buenos
Aires*, *they are be* *advised to research the listed instructors’  preferences
to avoid disappointment.

Michael