[Tango-L] Tango Championship article

Secondary Yahoo johncalb at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 13:38:23 EDT 2011

A more interesting question to ask is how and where was the topic of competition in AT ever conceived?

I wish competition, stars, ribbons, and above all the scene of pseudo experts sitting in high chairs ... remained on the realm of ball room dance... No such luck wih all the ambitious 'experts' trying to squeeze any drop of fame and fortune they can from those eager enough to earn a ribbon and pat on the head....

IMHO the only prize I need is the smile and nod of my partner at the end of a tango such as 'ensueno' or 'bahia blanca'....

JC