[Tango-L] why music

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Jul 12 03:09:42 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Chris, UK <tl4 at chrisjj.com> wrote:
> Never met those Spanish evening class students who know an incredible
> number of words but still cannot hold a conversation with a native
> speaker??

Have you ever met a person who spoke a language fluently who DIDN'T
have a large vocabulary? There are many ways to get one. Growing up in
the culture is a slow way to do it, but children have lots of time.
Memorizing vocabulary like an adult is a much faster way to do it.
Having the vocabulary does not mean you are fluent, but you CAN'T be
fluent without the vocabulary

>> Now I'm going back to my Spanish studies,
>
> If you think you can learn to Speak spanish by memorising text-book
> phrases, good luck to you. You'll need it.

Che, no seas pelotudo. Estoy en Buenos Aires...ya puedo hablar
castellano bastante bien. Obviamente sos tan loco.

Chau.