[Tango-L] Why Argentine tango looks more like French ballet each year.

johnofbristol@tiscali.co.uk johnofbristol at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 11:32:11 EDT 2011

I am having to dance with an unbuttoned jacket. Last night I was
dancing an energetic jive with a lady who was wearing a lacy top. As
she spun away, my jacket button got caught in the lace, was pulled off,
and pinged away, never to be seen again.

John Ward
normally Bristol
UK, but now at the Tangomarkkinat in Finland

edu>

>         I'm going to evade talking about the dancing, but
instead
>bring up the clothing.   Am I the only one fed up with the
current
>trendy notion that it is somehow "cool" for a man to dance
tango with
>an unbuttoned jacket?
>
>         I think it looks awful.
The sloppiness of the open jacket