[Tango-L] Getting tango lessons to the needy

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 13:55:23 EDT 2011

--- On Tue, 6/28/11, Lois Donnay <donnay at donnay.net> wrote:

Despite reciting the mantra "Beginners go to Int., Int. go to advanced,
Advanced go to beginners" they just can't bring themselves to show up at a
beginner class.  There they are at advanced workshops, learning back secadas
and single axis turns.

What can teachers do for these people?

First thing they can do is quit using words like "advanced" to actually refer to non-advanced classes.  I hear people all the time say they are taking an advanced class when I know perfectly well the class level is actually an intermediate level material.

Second thing is to put requirements up to get into an advanced workshop.  I've done that for years without a problem.  If teachers do not hold to certain standards, then others can't be blamed for not knowing how poorly they do.

Trini de Pittsburgh