[Tango-L] How can one attract more male dancers onto the dance floor?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 15:16:05 EST 2011

OK..now, the second part  of this plan to attract more male dancers is
'attitude'.
Yes, return the 'social dance' and the social aspect of the Milonga to the
floor.
make the experience something more than a 'test' for the man.
Remember Bora's blog a couple of weeks ago? Did you see her search for the
'perfect' male
dancer to dance with?..this is repeated in countless other blogs written by
women
and therefore a plague to the average male dancer. Yes, the women are all
looking for
that one GREAT guy to dance with while the men just want to have fun.
..and where do they find that one great dance experience? why only in the arms
of a 'teacher', of course!
Only with someone who devotes hours a day to his dance...and so, they the women
take classes
to be with this great male dancer....meanwhile the poor average dude is left in
the dust and
is not comparing so well in the eyes of the opposite sex. And it goes on and on.
Read the snotty
advice given to complaining women that; 'its all your fault for dancing with
these sub-par men.'
..make them go to more classes...yeah right.. don't you think that maybe more
dancing is what they might need?  And compassionate teaching rather than a
brutal series to learn..from the pro male dancer/teacher.
 so there it is as I see it...I'm just past my third year at this and I wouldn't
write what I didn't see for myself.
How about just dancing and leaving the status seeking + pecking order outside of
the dance floor?

..
www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html
"Life expands or contracts in direct proportion to one's courage." -Anais Nin
"The ultimate aim for every human being is to be immensely creative"-Norm.Mailer