[Tango-L] Comments on Tango-L

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed Jan 26 18:48:29 EST 2011

On 27/01/2011 00:06, Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel wrote:
> And, to you, Alexis Cousein, I would like to repeat directly:
> 1. I do judge from the point of view of a social dancer. Watch my
> videos and you'll see, that I do not dance Tango Fantasia, but the
> most puristic Tango, focussing on the walk and the embrace.

Yes, I'm well aware of how you dance.

Which is why I found your comment that the foreigners
raised the bar even though the Argentines connected to the
music better (and behaved better as social dancers) so puzzling.

I liked the blog, but that one sentence did make me roll my eyes
and the two parts didn't connect.

> 3. I am German and no native english speaker.

Neither am I.

I only made that comment in jest (it is actually
indeed very German to punctuate like that, and a very
endearing trait). No offense was meant (at least not to
you, even though the EVIL comma is fair game), and I hope
none was taken.