[Tango-L] Tango-L "would you buy music if.................................

Patricia Katz pkatz at trebnet.com
Mon Jan 24 10:24:42 EST 2011

When we began our milonga 14 years ago, we had maybe 10-15 people coming and
Paradiso, our milonga, occurred every other week. Now we range from 50 to 90
or 100 people and it runs every Friday evening. It's been 14 years of
continuous Friday evening milongas. It takes a lot of willpower to keep
going in spite of other milongas in the city. We are consistently open every
Friday evening; during holidays, long summer week-ends etc. Only very rarely
do we close on a Friday evening. My associate and I have other full time
jobs. We are based in Toronto. Our premise is at least to pay all costs and
at the very minimum break even. This includes workshops as well. Right now,
I'm in Baires and buying more music for our milonga.
Patricia
http://www.torontoargentinetango.blogspot.com
"for the love of tango?