[Tango-L] Using the Social dance as THE model for the student

Andrew RYSER SZYMAÑSKI arrabaltango at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 23:02:55 EST 2011

I must disagree. it's not a question of copying anybody. Most probably these two would not do the same again to the same music; but they would still respect it's PHRASING & cadences. Two or three years of memorising steps will only be counter productive & prevent you from letting yourself GO & express the FEEL of the music with only a limited vocabulary that any partner can understand: e.g. see how he got her to close on the last chord without moving his feet: tense contrast.
[-OK, so it's La Miller, & she knows how to suggest things to the man without making it obvious that she is driving from the back seat....]

Andrew W. RYSER SZYMAÑSKI,
23b All Saints Road,
London, W11 1HE,
07944 128 739.