[Tango-L] Navigation

Charles Roques c.roques at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 13 11:04:12 EST 2011

--- On Thu, 1/13/11, RonTango <rontango at rocketmail.com> wrote:

Almost every man who has any sense of navigation in the US proceeds around the
floor walking facing forward in the direction of the ronda, using turns when
forward progression is no longer feasible. This is how we have all been taught -
walk forward and turn if you can't walk forward anymore.. I have never met an
instructor who has taught otherwise for tango, although I have met a rare few
who teach a different (perhaps optional) mode of progression for milonga.

re the video

This is solid, basic technique and has been taught for years by Danel and Maria.  I teach this and so does anyone else who has studied with them over the years.  It is one of the fundamentals of classic social dancing.

Cheers
Charles