[Tango-L] Primiordal?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 16:15:23 EST 2011

Mario,

Are you addressing specifically on the dance floor at a milonga or in general?  If you're referring to being on the dance floor at a milonga, I've seen women teaching, also, though not as much.  Women, I think, tend to ask for more feedback than men.  When I correct teaching going on at a milonga, it's usually because the man has been asked by the woman.

Is it primiordal?  Perhaps.  I chose a mate that I thought was smarter than me in many ways (at least, I thought so at the time and he still amazes me, as well as, makes me roll my eyes).  I guess that would put the opposite situation as mothering (ala Courtney Cox & David Arquette).  Can't see the latter working so well in tango.  Equality is good, too.  So perhaps you just see the man teaching more because the mothering types aren't out there.

Trini de Pittsburgh