[Tango-L] youtube tango

Gordon Erlebacher gerlebacher at fsu.edu
Thu Jan 6 15:15:38 EST 2011

 > Nancy wrote:

>  FYI I am not a tango teacher.  When asked to teach I have said, "I don't know enough" after 17 years of Argentine tango,  multiple trips to BsAs,>  and a Master's in pedagogy.

If you lived in a town where the most advanced dancer had been dancing
for 2 years, and there were no professional teachers, and the nearest
city with instruction was 2 to 2 1/2 hours away, and if the community
asked if you could teach/help them, what would you reply? I live in
Tallahassee, FL, which is such a city (or was). 2-3 of us teach, and the
most advanced among us has 7 years of dancing. Of course, dance ability
relates to the number of hours practicing and on the dance floor (in
addition to good instruction, etc.) rather than simply the number of
years since one started to dance.