[Tango-L] youtube tango

Charles Roques c.roques at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 6 14:21:06 EST 2011

The point is not that videos do not have anything to offer but that one doesn't really learn to dance from them; they expand one's knowledge, which is different.  I watch videos as do most people.  To comment about videos while having 10 yrs or more of dancing experience under your belt misses the point I was making about beginners learning from them.  An advanced dancer has the benefit of prior knowledge and hindsight.  Also the real reason anyone is a good dancer lies in Martin's own answer, i.e. he dances 6 nights a week, not that he watches videos.  The best dancers, at least in terms of technical facility, are usually the ones who dance the most.  That is a basic truism of all dances.
cheers
Charles