[Tango-L] Elitism

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 15:16:49 EST 2011

Martin,

It sounds like we followed the same route in our tango. Whenever I get
back fom BsAs, the first thing people say is "Let's see your new stuff."
Well, I'm sorry but there is no 'new stuff'. In BsAs I take a lot of privates
with my milonguera teacher and we work on the basics. If anything, my
dance becomes simpler while I'm away.

I'm sure many people wonder why I bother to go each year when I could
stay home and learn lots of 'new stuff' from the traveling Salon
performers/teachers. But, the fact is, I no longer have interest in what
those teachers teach.

And, yes, it's natural that cliques are formed by people who attend the
same workshops with visiting teachers.

Jack