[Tango-L] invitation to dance

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:52:33 EST 2011

>when a woman responds, she is
>cut off or ignored...if this is how you dialogue, it must be an
>indicator of how you dance( with  all the hand wringing and
>complaining) totally self-focused  men, ignoring the woman's point of
>view

A little slack directed our way is necessary.

I do think this is a “mens club”.  I often get personal replies from what I have posted on Tango L from women.  Some to thank me, some to disagree, some to give their account.  Maybe it is only that women are more prone to lurk on this list rather than to contribute?  And I admire the worthwhile contributions from certain women.

It is hard enough being a man trying to lead the dance when over the years reading Tango L the criticisms mostly from men directed to men are:

  a.. being told repeatedly that it will take you years to get to a standard whereby you will get a dance with the “better” women whereas the woman/follower will tell you she only needs a few months to learn how to tango well and can teach you at that stage;
  b.. being lectured that maybe you have not taken enough lessons;
  c.. being told you have been taking too many lessons with the wrong teacher/ style of tango;
  d.. being told that the men overall in BsAs are better than you;
  e.. being told you are not musical enough; and
  f.. so on it goes.

Maybe the men are truly wanting to improve and are not getting the feedback they require, and are more open to discuss their experiences?

My 2 cents

Vince
In Melbourne