[Tango-L] The Tango Invitation or simply a lead

Anton Stanley anton at alidas.com.au
Tue Feb 1 19:07:08 EST 2011

I'm familiar with kinaesthesia. But I don't think it's applicable to
explaining the concept of "invitation & acceptance" in the parlance of
tango. Sub-conscious agreements is not I believe what is being alluded to in
describing the lead & follow roles of the dance. If it is, it's not really
relevant in a tutorial sense, as it's an unconscious response, and I
believe, requires deep seated imprinting to be reliably reproduced.

Anton