[Tango-L] Tango radio show

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Mon Aug 1 09:39:55 EDT 2011

The show went well - I'm not too happy with my stuttering, but people seemed
to still like the show.  I got better as the show went on.  People called in
with comments and questions, and that is the first time that has happened to
a show on Sunday at this station!

Here's a link: It's called "The Wave Project"
http://www.kfai.org/archive/07/31/2011

And a youtube link, because they show a video: http://youtu.be/KdzilG5chzc

Lois Donnay
Minneapolis, MN

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Brick Robbins <brick at brickrobbins.com>wrote:

> From: Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com> wrote
>
> ?
> I agree that Gardel is a good place to start and then go through
> Tango's evolution
> with special emphasis on the Golden Age. Finish off with Piazzolla and
> a little Nuevo,
> while stressing the continued importance of music from the Golden Age.
> ?
>
> Music from the "Golden Age" is for dancing, and if you are not
> dancing, it is probably less interesting than a lot of the other works
> of tango
>
> Tango is everywhere here in Buenos Aires, but in the metropolitan area
> of 13 million of the city of tango, maybe 7-10.000 people do the
> dance, so the dance angle really isn't that important to the general
> public.
>
> Have a listen to Radio 2x4
> http://delicast.com/radio/Argentina/tango/La_2x4_FM
>
> they have a great program that spans all tango, not just the stuff we
> love to dance to.

Lois Donnay
www.mndance.com
612.822.8436